Greece is trully a blessed country, with divine greek islands that you can visit all year round! One of my favorites is Symi that I recently visited for a long weekend to celebrate my beloved friend’s Zoe’s birthday! We were a group of four girls with a check-list of paradise beaches, amazing tavernas, bars, shops and hidden knucks to visit… And we did go everywhere – trust me! Here are our tips from the weekend:
– Nanou (one of my favourite beaches in Greece)
– Ag. Marina
– Ag. Nikolaos
– Marathounta (next to Archangel Michael Panormitis Monastery)
Eat / Drink /Party
In Town / Port
– Tsati Bar: Ask for Michalis, the owner; he is trully unique and he makes one of the best Paloma cocktails I have ever tasted!
– Petalo: For sunset drinks, best view!
– Tholos: one of the best restaurants on the island!
– Giorgio: Italian restaurant
– Los: For Lobster, Oysters & Sushi!
– Manos: Greek Tavern with a twist that always ends up in greek music party scene
– Pantelis: Greek Tavern for fish at the port
– Giorgis: Greek Tavern (at the top of the village)
On the beach
– Nanou Tavern: I higly reccomend this greek tavern on Nanou beach – the food was great. Tip: try the “keftedakia” (greek meatballs)
– Jade: for colourfoul kaftans, sandals and other summer findings
– Archangel Michael Panormitis Monastery: This is a majestic monastery, people from all around Greece travel to visit it. Its is a must if you go to Symi; light a candle, make a heartfelt wish & sweep the entrance floor with the brooms (traditional rite).